Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Current Favs! July 2014


 Welcome to a little magical place where I can share some of my holy grail products with you, and maybe they can even be super products for you as well! I just wanted to give you a little look into some of the beauty products I have been loving/dramatically overusing this summer!

First and foremost, my beloved (ahem and very dirty... sorry about that. At least you know I'm not lying about using it a lot.) Lorac Pro Palette. I love this palette for any time of year, but this summer it has been a staple for the sultry bronzy smokey eye!


 MAC Strobe Cream people! Get it! If you want that glowing from the inside out look, you need this. This wondrous little cream hydrates as well as adding a pretty summery sheen to your skin. I promise it won't make you look oily or 6th grade sparkly! 


  Lanolin!! Um... yeah, when you find out what this stuff is, (basically sheep oil extracted from their wool) you are probably going to be screaming "OMG what are you thinking you crazy woman?!" Uh I'm thinking that my lips have been Sahara desert dry and if that means I have to put sheep oil on my mouth, then SO BE IT! In all honesty though, this stuff is a miracle worker! I have been battling with dryness from my lips to my cuticles and this is the only product I have found that not only relieves the dryness, but also prevents it!


 Michael Todd Pearl and Silk Mask is fantastic gem if you have really dry skin but are still prone to breakouts. Its a clear gel that drys quickly. When you take it off your skin feels like a BABY'S BOOTY! You will just want to keep stroking your face! I use it once a week to give my skin a little pick me up and extra glow.


 A few lip products for when I don't really feel like going out with sheep oil on my face... First the Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment. Let's face it, this product just makes me feel all out luxurious! It has a sheer nude pink tint and it feels like swiping the softest lightest cream on your lips. It lasts quite awhile, but sometimes I would rather not be sticking my dirty fingers into a pot of expensiveness. So, in comes my newest member of my favorites, Primal Pucker Paste in lavender. It smells gorgeous and feels slightly thicker than most store bought lip products, which is fantastic because it keeps your lips moisturized and silky for more than ten minutes. And its all natural, PLUS! Only down side is that you can have to purchase it online.


 On to another Primal product... Yes I'm talking Deodorant! You need to be smelling fresh! Primal Pit Paste is made with baking soda and is completely natural sitting in a base of coconut oil. No toxins or harmful aluminum! And I don't smell! Another great part about this deodorant is that my underarms feel soft and smooth.



 Two face essentials that I can't get enough of  are the CeraVe Eye Repair cream, and the Kiss my Face Face Factor spf 50. Like my lips, my eyes have been obnoxiously dry, and I have tried EVERYTHING! I spent about a month and an undisclosed amount of hard earned cash trying to find something, ANYTHING to help and this was it for me. I'm a believer in the CeraVe method now... at least with the eye cream. In my hunt for dry skin magic, I tried hunting down some all natural skin care, sunscreen being one of those items. I always have problems with sunscreen! It either irritates my skin or my eyes, either way I'm uncomfortable all day and end up having to take everything off my face after some rather painful burning skin and itchy watering eyes. If you have that problem I would highly recommend this sunscreen! No irritation and it even works really well under makeup!


 Speaking of makeup!! Generally speaking, I think if you are going to put your cold hard cash down on something, it should be your base products. The Lorac Touch Up To GO pens are really amazing! They give you the perfect amount of coverage without looking cakey, and they come in plenty of colors. I personally love the shade CF5 for under eye concealing. It's slightly peachy so it covers up dark circles like a boss! Paired with the light and smooth Dr. Jart + BB Water Fuse Beauty Balm you are all set for a hot summer day! The BB cream perfects the skin and almost has a gel cream consistency that doesn't feel constircting (You know that feeling when you put something on your skin and it just feels like your pores are suffocating and screaming out for help... yeah it doesn't do that).


 And finally to keep myself smelling fresh, I've turned to and oldey but a goody. Bath and Body Works White Tea and Ginger. This definitely smells of ginger so just a fair warning. It is spicy but light and fresh at the same time. I just feel like I smell squeeky clean and ready for the day when I'm wearing this, and it isn't overpowering like some other spicy scents. So you can go about your day feeling kind of sultry, yet know that you don't smell like a walking Christmas pine cone!


 And now... Unfortunately, dun dun DAAAAAAH. Yea, and unfavorite. Remember how I said I searched high and low for a good eye product! I love Vitacost, so I figured I would try some of their skincare and this just was not for me. This all natural product actually made my dry eyelids worse, (my dry skin is caused mostly by hormones to be a bit fair but...). I would put it on and it would almost immediately make my eyes look like a shriveled up mess. And they HURT! I couldn't wrap my head around it, but I figured I would give people a heads up. But remember just because it doesn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't work for you! And vice versa!

Thank you so  much for reading my fun little favorites blog! If you like this let me know by leaving a comment or a g+ so I know to do more posts like this! I would also like to apologize for my explosive use of !!! through out this blog! (ha) I'm just so excited to talk to everyone about these products.
Thank you again!
Sending you much &>
Chelcey

Where to get it!!:
Lorac Pro Palette:http://tinyurl.com/luzawmd
Mac Strobe Cream:http://tinyurl.com/lg475d8
Now Pure Lanolin:http://tinyurl.com/k2uedbg
Michael Todd Pearl and Silk Mask:http://tinyurl.com/ncxj35c
Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment:http://tinyurl.com/pmjuvxb
Primal Pucker Paste:http://tinyurl.com/p67fpq2
Primal Pit Paste:http://tinyurl.com/ot7malp
CeraVe Eye Repair Cream:http://tinyurl.com/lerbnax
Kiss my Face Face Factor:http://tinyurl.com/luaj5ab
Lorac Touch Up To Go Pen:http://tinyurl.com/o4b83rt
B&BW White Tea & Ginger:http://tinyurl.com/nw34bhg






No comments:

Post a Comment