Sunday, January 26, 2014

DIY Hydrating Body Scrub YAY


A scrub like this is super easy and pretty darn inexpensive to make! You can add or take away any ingredients that you would like buuuuuuuuut I do suggest keeping everything!
You will need:
  • Quick oats
  • Brown sugar
  • Flax seed meal
  • Coconut oil
  • Macadamia oil (I just used a hair oil)
  • A blender
  • An empty container


 Measure out half a cup of oats and pulse them in a blender a few times to make them smaller.
Place into your empty container. (I used one that was from an old store bought scrub)
 Add 1/4 of a cup of flax seed meal and 1/2 cup of light brown sugar. (You can use regular sugar or even coconut sugar if you want. I just love the smell and texture of the brown sugar.)

Place a T spoon of the macadamia oil and three heavy handed T spoons of coconut oil and melt them together in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir until fully melted together.
Add the oils to the mixture and stir with a fork to make sure you break everything up and get it all mixed evenly.
Your scrub should come out looking a bit like this! I like to keep mine a little loose so when I add water in the shower it looks like...
... THIS! It also won't make you overly oily like some other scrubs!
I took a minute to scrub my hands over the sink so I could show you how moisturized they look once you're done.
Baby butt smooth! And they smell like coconut and sugar!

Let me know if you try this and what you think! I'm always slightly unhappy with store bought scrubs  but this one never disappoints!
It is going to be perfect to help me feel pampered and relaxed on nights like tonight... where there is a ridiculous blizzard of doom happening outside! HA! But really my house sounds like it's going to call over!

  Thank you so much for reading! Hope you get a chance to try it out!
&>Chelcey



 

No comments:

Post a Comment