Monday, August 26, 2013

Burts Bees Replenishing/Rejuvenating Lip Balm Review

Hi Everyone! Happy product review Monday!!
Today's  Pièce de résistance
The new(ish) Burt's Bees Lip Balms
Now, I talk a lot and I tend to get chapped lips pretty easily if I don't take care of my lips so I was a little skeptical about these little guys because I really dislike the original Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm. I would use it for a couple of days with good results and then all of the sudden my lips were UNCONTROLLABLY DRY! Ugh EW! But these were so colorful and cute and only $2.99 at my local grocery store, so I had to snatch them up.
The second I opened these puppies I was IN LOVE! They smell amazing, fruity and sweet and a big thing for me, there is NO MENTHOL/MINT! Most people don't know, but menthol and peppermint can actually be an irritant and cause excessive drying (which is what happened in my case but it wont happen to everyone. I'm just sensitive :P). Needless to say my lips were and have been so comfortable and hydrated and even though I have the general female problem of circling my lip balm about a hundred times around my lips 60 times a day, I don't need to!! The moisture lasted on my lips for a good 3 hours! I was so shocked!

As you can see (sort of) they give off a little bit of shine and even though the Replenishing balm has a red tint it doesn't give off any color. Even where the spot that I put these on my hand was soft after I wiped the balm away.
There are 6 different variations of these balms that I know of. Will I be going out of my way to buy all of them? UM YES! I'm a lip balm junkie and I also have a habit of leaving them in my pocket and giving them a good wash. Oops, you know you've done it too.
Overall if you can find these babies in a grocery store around you pick one up and see if you feel the same as me! I really feel like this is one of the best lip products I've tried over the last year and they blow some of the other popular brands (and even some of their sister products) out of the water! If you pick one up I hope you love it as much as I do! 
Thanks for reading
Hope you enjoyed!
&> Chelcey


No comments:

Post a Comment