Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ipsy December 2013

Woohoo! It's that time of the month again! IPSYYYYYY! Are you excited?!
Fist off I have to talk about this months absolutely BEAUTIFUL bag!
This is just a stunning little bag that I can see myself using for multiple reasons for many years to come!! I completely flipped out jumping for joy when I saw this bag! Good on ya Ipsy! They just keep getting better!
The first bit are two samples from a brand called English Laundry. I am not entirely sure of the names of the scents (English Rose? and Arrogant?) but they smell okay. One is feminine and the other is masculine. They both have a strong sweet floral scent to me with the feminine version being more vibrant and flirty and the masculine being stronger and musky. They were alright, good winter scents.20
 Next is the NikaK New York Nail Polish in Ripe Apple. The color in the picture isn't true to the color on my nails. It is a deeper red (my first reactions was kind of a barbeque sauce red...). I have to say, I was a bit frustrated when I saw that I got this color because I'm really not a fan of red nail polish, but once I put it on I loved it! Its a very unique color and the formula is really lovely! Almost fully opaque in the first swipe. With the second swipe you will be looking like you just stepped out of the salon! Seeing as I have a pretty hands on every day job though, the color was fading by the end of the day. That's okay though I still really like it.

  Now, I was SOOOOOO excited to see that we were getting the Be a Bombshell "The One Stick". I was just praying that I didn't get this color (and yet I did. Unfortunately this wasn't a happy ending like the nail polish) it wasn't the darkest color at least. I might be able to maybe pull this off on my lips (big MAYBE), but as you can see in the swatch picture, it is a very true red/slightly pink color and next to the full on swatch I blended the product out and it makes me look like I just got out of a long day in the sun with no SPF whatsoever. Aside from the color I am impressed with the pigmentation and wonderful creamy texture. For the ten dollars I spend on the bag I would still count it as a success considering I now know I like the product and can buy a color I like without the fear of not knowing!

 I did get some pretty eyeshadows though! This is a Pop Beauty Brighten Up Your Life Trio in Smokin Hot. I believe this is just a few shades from the larger Smokin Hot palette they sell on their sight. The shadows are so smooth and pigmented as you can see, and they don't seem powdery AT ALL! Which is fabulous because that means less fall out! GREAT product! Glad to add it to my hoard! Haha!

 And now for my favorite part of the actual bag, the NYX Extra Creamy Round Lip Stick in Iris. 
I REALLY LOVE this color. It is very natural yet slightly orangey/peachy undertone which complements my skin tone like WOW! The formula ( I do own more of these) is so soft and like the name says, CREAMY, that you won't even notice that you have a lipstick on. NYX lipsticks are one of my favorites from the drugstore! I am very in love with the brand! So Ipsy can just keep sending me more NYX stuff and I won't complain!

And last but not least...
For earning 1000 Ipsy points I got a totally FREE Beauty Blender, Yes a real Beauty Blender! So excited about this! I can't wait to try it out! I've heard so many good things and I'm glad I don't have to worry about the price!

I loved this months bag! I am glad that I got all of the things I did, even if I wasn't entirely thrilled with some of the colors. That's what bags and boxes like this are for! In total this bag was worth around SEVENTY yes $70 dollars! So I'm pretty sure I have no room to complain! 

If you would like to join me and get in on some Ipsy action click the link below!

If you get an Ipsy bag already let me know what you got! If you would like a more in depth review of any of the products that I received just leave me a comment below and I would be absolutely happy to do that for you! Thank you so much fro reading! Tah Tah for now!
&>Chelcey









No comments:

Post a Comment