Saturday, October 5, 2013

1920s Flapper Look

Sticking with my Halloween theme this month I decided to go for something a little more glamorous this time.
The 1920s look is pretty popular so I wanted to throw in my version!
Moisturize those lips!
 Then apply a full coverage foundation. You want your skin to look flawless! (I used Tart Amazonian Clay Foundation in Light) Blend with your fingers.
Now conceal around your eyes, mouth, nose, chin, and forehead and blend out.
(I used the Revlon Photo Ready stick concealer)
(My face kind of looks like a crazy painting here! I love it!)
Contour your nose and cheek bones.
POWDER UP! The look was more matte during that time.
Add blusher right below the highest point of your cheekbones. If you look at actual old pictures you will notice that you don't see much blush. (Benefit Hervana Box Blush)
Now it's time for those brows. Straight and not so fluffy brows were the thing!
Draw on your straight brow, then conceal any extra hairs. Blend out and then powder.
I started with a light brow pencil and decided it didn't look quite right so I went back over them with black.


The iconic 20s eye
Using a black cream shadow or liner smudge all over your eyelid and then blend up into a circular shape, Don't forget to get into the inner corner of the eye. You want all of this to be smokey black!



Line the lower lashes with a black liner pencil and smudge to your hearts desire!!!

Line your water line with a white liner and add mascara.
 After this I added a bit more black to the lids.
LIP TIME!
Remove your lip butter or chap stick!
Lips were made to look smaller for this look so draw a smaller shape on your lips if you have fuller lips like I do. I used a deep purple lip liner and created a ROUNDED shape on the lips.
 To add a deeper color and reduce some of the shine pat on a deep purple shadow to the liner.
Last but not least, conceal around where you placed the liner to hide your real lip line and clean up the edges.

And DONE!








 Now all you need to do is have fun taking pictures with different filters! 
Thank you so much for reading!
Hope you like it. If you have any suggestions please feel free to leave me a comment below!
&>Chelcey


No comments:

Post a Comment