Friday, September 6, 2013

My Morning Skin Care Routine (Sensitive, Combo, Acne Prone, Dry Eye Area)

I always find YouTube videos about peoples skin care some of the most interesting videos! You can find new ways to take care of your skin that you never thought of before.
So I figured I would share my own routine with you to help you out if you're looking for some help.

 No matter if I'm hopping in the shower or rushing out the door, I always exfoliate in the morning. Exfoliating at night never really helped me any and since the skin exfoliates itself overnight I figured I would try in the morning. I think my problem was that my skin would attempt to exfoliate, but the skin would just sit on the new skin and clog my pores.
WHAT I USE:
 Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub
(Target or burtsbees.com)
I've tried a lot of scrubs and I find that this one works the best for me.
It smells a little bit like Christmas and when properly used it has a soft but chunky texture because of the bigger particles. It seems to me that a "chunkier" formula is much more gentle on the skin!

Next, this might sound a little odd but I cleanse. Cleansing takes away any extra residue left over on the skin and prepares your pores for toning, acne creams, and moisture.
WHAT I USE:
Frutique Berry Berry Cleanser
(Sally's Beauty Supply)
I tend to like using cleansers that are a gel and have a fruit base. Frutique has been my favorite for about a year and you can usually get them buy 1 get 1 free at Sallys. It doesn't have any special medication in it or anything spiffy. It just thoroughly cleanses the skin while being gentle and not overdrying!
 
For "toning" I like to keep it acne based. One simple ingredient that will help with the feisty little red demons that like to pop up occasionally if you don't take care of your skin. Also a little extra help at removing excess oil.
WHAT I USE:
Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion(and cotton pads)
(Clinique Counter or clinique.com)
Now if you go to a Clinique counter they will tell you that THIS IS NOT A TONER! but that really is the purpose. Tighten the pores, help control oil with small powder particles and add a little acne help with salicylic acid. Generally the purpose of any other toner. I've used this for a few years now and in my opinion it is the only product from their acne solutions line worth using.

Before I get anything else on my fingers I like to do my eye treatments for the day to reduce the chance of getting any other product on them. I have very a very dry and sensitive eye area that will dry out after a few hours if I don't properly take care of it.
WHAT I USE:
Simple Soothing Eye Balm & Boots Expert Sensitive Hydrating Eye Cream
(Target)
First I use the balm to sooth my tired eyes. It feels cool and actually soothing. It helps with puffiness and general sleepiness. Then to moisturize I use the boots eye cream. Just a small dab for the entire eye area and my eyes are ready to go for a day without being dry and flaky.

Time for my acne prevention cream. It may take some testing but you really have to find what works best for you here. I tried a lot of salicylic acid creams and they always just made me break out more so I went for a benzyl peroxide one instead.
WHAT I USE:
Clearasil Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream 10%BP
(Any Drug Store)
This is the best treatment I've found for me. It doesn't just break me out and it has done a great job at keeping my skin clear as long as I stay regular with it. I have heard that the percentage of BP you use really doesn't make a difference but this has been a tried and true product so I"M STICKIN' WITH IT!
 
Last Step calls for moisture! My skin is easily a mix between OILY and DRY. My t-zone (middle of forehead, nose, cheek area right next to the nose, and middle of the chin) is pretty oily on any given day and the rest of my skin is easily parched. I don't tend to get flaky unless I forget to moisturize and usually it only happens around my mouth.
WHAT I USE:
  Michael Todd True Organics (in this case Naturals) Hyaluronic Acid + C Antioxidant Moisturizing Serum
(michealtoddtrueorganics.com)
 I had 30% off from my Ipsy bag so I decided to give a couple of products a go and this was one of them. I am SO glad that I did. Hyaluronic Acid is already in the skin so it is easy to absorb and it works by trapping in moisturizer and keeping it there all day. Antioxidants and Vitamin C help with anti-aging and discoloration in the skin. I really love this stuff. My skin hasn't been this balanced in a long time.
If I'm having a day where I'm really dry I will add a little extra moisture.
 Frutique Hydrate Peach Smoothing Cream
(Sally's Beauty Supply)
I mostly use this at night because it if VERY moisturizing but if I'm still feeling a bit dry I will add a small amount to the dry areas and I am good to go!
 
Now my face is ready for whatever I throw at it during the day. Whether it be a face full of makeup, sweating through out the day, or dirt and grime from work.
Hope everyone enjoyed and maybe you now have some new products to try or just have an idea of how to revamp your skincare to work for you!
Thank you for reading!!
&> Chelcey  


No comments:

Post a Comment