Monday, September 2, 2013

Removing Your Makeup With Coconut Oil

So I mentioned in my all about coconut oil blog http://chelceybeauty.blogspot.com/2013/08/coconut-oil-whaaaaaaa.html that you can remove stubborn makeup with coconut oil. So here's a look at how!

  So your awesome waterproof makeup lasted all day and still looks fantastic when you look in the mirror before you go to bed! Fantastic right?? Well sure until you remember how absolutely painful it is to take off stay-all-day makeup. Ladies, we've all been there.
All you need to do is grab a cotton pad and your coconut oil and your pain free makeup removal dreams will come true!
I like to scoop out some of my coconut oil into a small jar that I have from my Burts Bees Citrus Scrub for easier access at my makeup desk. (Plus I have so many of these stinking jars because I freaking love that stuff so I might as well put them to good use.)
To get started, just put a little blob of coconut oil onto the cotton pad and spread it around.
Then just stick it to your CLOSED eye like an eye patch for several seconds to let the coconut oil do its super fantastic magic.
Once you've waited a bit gently rock the cotton pad back and forth to loosen the harder to get makeup (like the mascara at the base of your lashes). NEVER SCRUB AROUND THE EYE AREA! The skin is very sensitive and thin so scrubbing and rubbing too hard will cause damage to the area! LIKE WRINKLES! 
Now pull the cotton pad away and...
 Voila! Dirty cotton pad, clean eyelids!
If the feel of the coconut oil bothers you just use the clean side of the cotton pad to gently remove the excess. If you get it in your eye it can make your vision a bit cloudy too.
But if it doesn't bother you just leave it on overnight to condition your lashes! 
Let me know if you try this! It's how I remove my makeup every night!
Thanks for reading!
&> Chelcey

No comments:

Post a Comment